Introduction 2014 Edition
The 2014 Edition of the Ghana Club 100 event is the fourteenth and continues to celebrate and motivate Ghana's leading businesses in all sectors of the economy.
The theme for the 2014 Edition was "Impact Investments and Sustainable Economic Development". The latest rankings showed some surprises though the financial institutions still dominate the list.
Other key highlights of the 2014 GC 100 rankings that are worth noting are as follows:
- Tullow Ghana Limited topped the list with their first appearance in the ranking.
- ECOBANK emerged the highest tax payer among the ranked companies.
- New Crystal Health Services Limited also topped the Health Sector as well as ranking 9th,
- Ghana Rubber Estates Limited emerged the most Child Friendly Company
- The GC 100 CSR Company of the year went to Benso Oil Palm Plantation (BOPP)
- CAL Bank Limited emerged the GC 100 Best Listed Company on the Ghana Stock Exchange
- MultiPro Private Company continued its rise up the ladder to 3rd position and became the highest ranked manufacturing company.
Innovations to the Event
In collaboration with SVANI Ghana Limited, Surfline Communications Limited and SME Business Awards, a raffle was organized with prizes ranging from internet data bundles to a car. The representatives of the ranked companies and invited guests were given the opportunity to vote by texting to select the innovative company of the future.